The Society of American Military Engineers Piscataqua Post's mission is to promote and facilitate engineering support for national security by developing and enhancing relationships and competencies among uniformed services, public and private sector engineers and related professionals.
In keeping with this mission, the Post actively fundraises to provide opportunities for education and mentoring of college and K-12 students interested in pursuing careers in physical sciences and engineering. PLEASE NOTE THE APPLICATIONS ATTACHED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS ARTICLE.
Although not a requirement for award, the SAME Piscataqua Post Scholarship Committee gives preference to:
- Registered SAME Piscataqua Post members / sustaining firms or organizations
- Students enrolled in ROTC (preferably not a recipient of a ROTC scholarship)
- Individuals with current or prior service in the US Armed Forces
- Individuals or organizations that have a willingness to attend SAME meetings too publically & share learning experiences.
- The amount of recognition SAME Piscataqua Post will attain from supporting the proposed funds request
All applications for available SAME Piscataqua Post funding (i.e. SAME College Scholarships, SAME Internship Grant Program, and General Grant Application) will be reviewed & approved by the Board of Directors in April and July of each calendar year. All applications received at that time will be evaluated against current funding available and National and Local Post priorities. All proposed applications for funding must be received by the cutoff dates below. Applications received late will be rolled over to the next cycle for consideration.